Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > Music General > Multi*Platinum Stellar Threads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Music Threads on Soulful Planet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 8:22am
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!

I LOVE it!!!  Great idea.Clap

This is VERY cool because there are folks on this site who contribute nice histories of projects, concerts, artists, etc..  It's all good.  I'm really happy to see them preserved in some fashion.

Reviving threads like the Christmas and Snow ones is a great idea.  We can put up threads for all four seasons, for those of you who only have one.  LOL!

Not that I'm a political junkie or anythingLOL but those threads reflect a lot of what's happening at the time and it may be fun to look back on some of them - especially once we have a new administration and see how they measure up!  Those could be archived as they fall off.

dream

http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 12:52pm
I like that !!!!!  Clap Yes. . . the 4 seasons too LOL!

Mixey
Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 1:18pm
Hi Mixey,'
I didn't read all this above my post.....but I like the 'Platinum/Stella' name however you chose to word it, I think it's brilliant!  Whatever you chose for a name sounds good to me.

What I had in mind for a 'Platinum Heading' was under the soul of six to change to 'soul of seven', just before music general, lol, since it would be the most important music thread, for important music threads only.   Anything else you guys want to do can belong elsewhere(?)  I think before I came here to this thread about Platinum... things kinda spiraled into a life of it's own, lol.   It's all good but......what I had in mind was specific to music.

???
S.S.
"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 1:36pm
OK! I just read all the above, sorry I took so long......."everyone has great ideas for sure", I like it all!
Whatever you guys do is fine with me!!!

I'm just happy to be able to upload quickly especially with photos or else I wouldn't have time most of the year. LOVE IT!!! as dream said "SP ROCKS", I'll add has some deep soul too, lol!!!!!!!

Thank you Mixey, Spat, Geno and all involved in the great technical work you do, it's a pleasure and awesome to be a part of a great mobily, open-minded, foward  & upward moving forum. Overall it's the best site in terms of the "all aroundedness" of it, and the people are welcoming, friendly, & open to suggestions!  THANK YOU.

Mixey, your idea for the 'HEADING SPOT' is so wonderful!!!!!!!

S.S.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 1:39pm
BRILLIANT!!!!!!!
lindzay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindzay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 2:53pm
"I'm thinking it's a little redundant to call it Multi*Platinum Stellar Threads... or maybe we could call it Multi*Platinum Stellar Intergalactically Stupendous and Incredibly Phenomenal Threads. . . .

Hummmmm"

and a small flat sweet cake. Naturlich!

Yes an honorable thread would do indeed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 6:54pm
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

S.S.
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2007 at 5:08am
Lindz,  You're a CUT UP!!!!!!LOL

dream
s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2007 at 11:06pm
This area is for our stellar music threads. 

They will still hold their place in Music General or Soulful Cities, but with a "moved" notation. We are working on a "Multi*Platinum" notation.

You can post on them in either Music General, Soulful Cities, or here in this section.  They will update here and where they originated.

If you feel that a Music Thread should be moved here for easy reference, please let us know. Thumbs%20Up

Sincerely,
Your Soulful Planet Administration Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 7:15pm
Hi 'All', MIXEY, & S.P.A.T.,
These are the threads I chose from the 'first page of Music General' that is up now, that I think should be here permanently in the 'Platinum' section. 

Each individual should decide what threads they deem to be important to music history as a permanent record in the 'Platinum' section.

If you want to vote on it or just each of us decide on our own threads (?) whatever works best, what do you think?

Of my choices ( Photo & info posts):

1. LEGENDS OF JAZZ "T.V". & NEA JAZZ MASTERS (A legacy & history)
2. BEST OF LOST SOUL  (Rare information & song clips)
3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. EXCITMENT (because of rare 1960's  snapshots of Jackie Wilson)!
4. GROUP LEAD SINGERS-A TRIBUTE (a fun thread, good info here, as well as, personal photos)

Your input please???

Thank You,
S.S.
Various Decree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Various Decree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 11:22pm

How about personal photo albums. Soul Sister's photo album- like that.

Nate
" Each Man Is His Own Monarch "
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2007 at 5:55am
Hi Everyone,

Various Decree, I'm not sure what you mean by Soul Sister's peronal photo album.  I think her personal photos need to be in a variety of threads since they cover a variety of artists and subject matter.  My apologies if I misunderstood.Smile

I need to look through the pages of Music General and get back on this one.  My personal feeling is any threads with good music documentation, photos and/or videos should be included.

I think Jeff's thread on Great Musical Performances belongs in Platinum without a doubt.  There's so much good music in there from various genres, it would be a sin not to have it under Platinum threads.  I don't know of another forum that has a thread anything like it.

dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2007 at 8:40am
LOL! Various Decree!!!
I'll do my best when time permits to put up those "photos" in tribute threads to those individual artists I knew 'back in the day'.  I probably have "50 Photo Albums" but only one left from the 1960's, I had "3" from the 60's but they were stolen long ago.  BTW, thanks Nate!

One is "DREAM"S DREAM GROUP"...on the music general forum. Ms. dream would like that!  That is already complete with all the photos in it.

dream, I agree with you too, on the Geno "Great Performances" thread, only I would like to see catagories under it for Pop, Rock, Country/Western, Blues, Jazz, & R&B/Soul Music. Just a thought, lol.

Anyone else want to weigh in ???

S.S.
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2007 at 8:54am
This is difficult, because there is so much good information on here.  Where does one begin?

I'm thinking that maybe I should have SPAT create an option so that we can place a platinum icon in front of certain threads, which shows up where they are in Music General. . . as well as moves them to the Multi*Plat section.

If people are enjoying a thread. . . they can request that the thread originator update their thread by placing the icon there. . . and it would move automatically.

I like the threads you mentioned Soul Sister!  Also. . . Jeff's for sure.

Nate. . . I can understand why Soul Sister's photo album could make sense. . . because she has so many pictures and stories.  I could just imagine how cool that thread would be.  However, I also appreciate how nice it is when her accounts show up throughout the forum.

I think it would make more sense to test this area out, when the icon is created.  Other than that. . . showing "moved" could get confusing.

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2007 at 9:00am
I'm a little concerned about the genre thing Soul Sister. . . because there is so much good music that crosses over. . . has roots in other places, etc.  Also. . . it opens horizons for people to appreciate stuff they might not normally experience, when it's altogether.

I kind of like the stream of consciousness aspect of the thread too. . . one thought bringing to mind something else to appreciate.

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2007 at 9:08am
Hi MIXEY,
  The icon thing sounds like a brilliant idea to me.

RE: the 'genre' threads, I thought you might say that, or someone would, lol.  There is SO MUCH in performances, and since "performances" is seperate from 'story/photo threads', maybe it should just have it's own space/catagory for "performances" only thread.  (???)  Just an idea.

S.S.
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2007 at 9:18am
Do you mean within the Mult*Plat place or in Music General? I sort of like the way Music General just does what it wants to do. 

I can understand being more organized in the Multi*Plat area though.

I'll get them working on the icon.

Mixey
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2007 at 9:32am
I went Crazy looking for this thread listed below where we had already started discussing some of this and I know I spent some time building "hot linking" examples. etc.   (((I know I had posted my thoughts somewhere, and for a second ... i thought I was losing my mind! *lol*

I just found it... for cross reference...

Threads: Spam & Eggs: Topic: Multi*Platinum Stellar (here)

About Genre's... Caution Caution Caution!!!

Other than Very Broad Spectrum Musical Genre's ... (Such as Great MUSICAL Performances), In general, I DO NOT like pigeon holing MUSIC, and have felt that it often does more damage to Musical Performance and Great Music, and Musical Careers AND it discriminates against and hinders wide exposure for Great Music of many styles and integrated types of music and artists, than it actually does them good.
Other than Very Broad Spectrum Musical Genre's (i.e. the typical Rock, Jazz, Classical, R&B, Opera, etc),... tighter judgmental classification of "MUSIC" ... well, It is often, very unnecessary except for search engines, music libraries or greedy exclusionary marketing executives...

The wider open exposure to Great Musical Performances of ALL Kinds, the better off we all are. This is exactly what we already have in Music General ... and I LOVE IT JUST THE WAY IT IS! ..... IMHO.

for example... "Moving" an ongoing, active Hot Topic thread "somewhere" else tends to devalue the strength of "Music General" and adds to confusion... yet a classic thread that pretty much 'all that can be said, has been said about this' (like a documented event or biography or artist tribute or an award or something) that nothing new has been added to for a while is a much more appropriate candidate. I still like the idea of moving nothing, but having "Hot Links" and/or Icons (GREAT IDEA!) that take You right to where they happily already exist.... IMHO. (Like a MySpace Friends List of Icons... click. it takes you right there). Moving stuff and deciding what gets moved is a lot of work for S.P.A.T, too.

Smiles,
Geno

dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2007 at 10:22am
The icon idea is BRILLIANT!!!!

I have to say I agree that all genres should be included in the Great Performances thread.  I've seen some videos in there that have blown me away from several musical categories.

I STILL have to go through the Music General pages to see what threads should be included.  I do agree with everyone's selections so far.

dream
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2007 at 11:30am

Ok, two thoughts...
This is one of them

If we were to do a MySpace style "block" of
Multi*Platinum Stellar Threads
Icon Hot Links Listing... it could work like this:
(for example here... click it... try it!)
(Note: pretend that they are all different threads listed here)

(1)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Multi*Platinum Stellar Thread

LEGENDS OF JAZZ "T.V." & NEA JAZZ MASTER AWARDS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the other could be a much more Generic Icon Indicator next to a Moved Thread or something... like a Smiley Faced size Emoticon Listing
(Note: pretend that they are all different threads listed here)

(2)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Multi*Platinum Stellar Threads

They both work, and nothing really gets moved or confused...
they're just URL "Hot Links" to any location on the forum.
The Icons could be smaller or bigger, etc... or generic, too.
such as:

(200x200 pixels)

(100x100 pixels)

(50x50 pixels)

(25x25 pixels)

(17x17 pixels)

(17x17 pixels)

The Smiley Face Icon thingy is way faster to do... obviously.

Thoughts? Does any of this make sense? I did this just to see how it looks/feels, etc.

S.P.A.T. which is the least nightmare to do, or none of the above?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic