Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > Music General > Multi*Platinum Stellar Threads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Music Threads on Soulful Planet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Music Threads on Soulful Planet
    Posted: Dec 06 2007 at 9:59pm
We received a request to start a new place on Soulful Planet.

Multi*Platinum Stellar Threads is a new place to access some of the more notable/historical threads more quickly.

The cream of the crop, rises to the top.Thumbs%20Up

If you have any comments, please post them here.

Sincerely,
Your Soulful Planet Administration Team
s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2007 at 11:00pm
The cream of the crop rises to the top. LOL
What exactly does that mean? LOL

Sorry folks.  Out of coffee and my brain is not working.
Sleepy george
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2007 at 1:29am
Thank you for such a wonderful idea Soul Sister! 

Now that the Multi*Platinum place exists, we might view some things in a different way. 

There have been so many wonderful contributions, especially when we have those such as yourself SS, who have a wealth of information and so many photos of historical significance to share.

Should we place only completed threads in the space. . . or should we also continue to add to them?

I'm thinking that only completed threads should go there.

Anyone have opinions about this?

Mixey

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2007 at 1:37am
Also. . . S. P. A. T. . . .

You guys did a great job, but I was thinking it would be called Multi*Platinum Threads. . . and then in the description. . . Stellar Threads on Soulful Planet.

I'm thinking it's a little redundant to call it Multi*Platinum Stellar Threads... or maybe we could call it Multi*Platinum Stellar Intergalactically Stupendous and Incredibly Phenomenal Threads. . . .

Hummmmm

Mixey
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2007 at 5:24am
FABULOUS idea!!!  Good going Soul Sister, Mixey & S.P.A.T.!!Clap

I hate to see threads get lost or eliminated.  If people have gone to all the trouble to post photos, videos, thoughts, concert appearances, etc., the work should be preserved IMO.  If threads are eliminated at some point, why bother??

I can think of a few already in Music General - the Great Perfomances thread for sure, and any involving our own artists, like those about Jimmy Scott and Mike Garson, the Funk Brothers, ASTOTC, for example.  Perhaps any that have good photo and video histories attached.

I do agree they should not go into Platinum until there are completed.  Having said that, will it be possible to add to the threads once they're placed there???

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2007 at 11:24am
I agree Dream. . .

You said the following perfectly:

"I hate to see threads get lost or eliminated.  If people have gone to all the trouble to post photos, videos, thoughts, concert appearances, etc., the work should be preserved IMO.  If threads are eliminated at some point, why bother??"

In terms of adding to the threads once they're there, I imagine that's possible, if we want to do that.

As far as video histories. . . it's a little difficult to know which videos will stay. . . and which will be no longer available on YouTube.

We may have to be able to upload our own at some point.

Mixey

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2007 at 5:41pm

We all have some great information to share. . . but some of our members are overflowing with it.

It might be really cool to give these people a place in the Multi*Platinum threads as well as in Music General or wherever they want. . . to just keep adding to their thread of history and stories.

If we do it this way, we can enjoy a revival of the thread as well as have a running account of it in the M*P area, where it can be located easily.

Soul Sister. . . obviously you come to mind. Geno. . . Ray. . . Bob. . . Mike. . . Phil. . .

If you want to give it a try SS. . . I'll have S. P. A. T. set it up.

How do we determine what goes in there?  I think that people should know themselves if their information, etc should be included.

I think we should leave it up to the individual to ask S. P. A. T. to put a thread up for them in M*P if it starts to be incredible. 

Mixey

Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2007 at 5:58pm
Great Idea!

Couple of Idea/Questions...

This is only an Idea....

Should we just place "Hot Links" in some common format to the actual threads in the places that they already exist... such as this: (For Example grabbing any random (5) threads here just for examples,,,)

~~~
Multi*Platinum Stellar Thread -
Music General: GREAT PLAYERS ... GREAT PERFORMANCES! (Found Here)

Started by Jeff
~~~

~~~
Music General: " IN THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS......."(Found Here)

Started by Soul Sister
~~~

~~~
Music General: "FELIX HERNANDEZ "RHYTHM REVUE" (Found Here)

Started by Dream207
~~~

~~~
Music General: "Clapton's Guitar fest is on MSN now! live!"(Found Here)

Started by Toad
~~~

~~~
Spam & Eggs: "Test ,,,Blah Blah Woof Woof... Kill Me"(Found Here)

Started by Threadzilla & The Space Balls From The Bat Cave
~~~

etc...

the idea is that nothing would have to be moved by S.P.A.T., or confusion as to where a once familiar thread now exists after being moved... the Link takes Ya right to it, and it's easy to find in this Common looking "Index" Multi*Platinum Stellar Thread - hot linked listing,

Just a thought.
Geno

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2007 at 6:14pm
That's an intersting idea Gene. . . I had not thought of a hot link in M*P instead of the actual thread.

I'm not sure that's really the best idea though. . . because the M*P area is set up as a separate forum. . . like Town Hall, etc.  You'd have to go into the title of the tread and then click the hot link.  I'm not so sure that's the best way. . . but maybe.  It's a lot of clicking and waiting, IMO.

I was thinking of retaining the thread wherever it started. . . as well as having S. P. A. T. move it.

It would show that it is also in the M*P section.  It could only be added to in whatever section it started in. . . but it would automatically update in Multi*Platinum.

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2007 at 6:23pm
Try clicking one of them above... it takes Ya right there quickly and Ya don't lose your place in the Multi*Platinum Stellar Threads index...

(not sure about this... the external links to websites (like MySpace) referencing threads in existence here at SoulfulPlanet would NOT have to be changed after something has been moved.... but on second thought,,, the MOVED link stays hot anyway, doesn't it? not sure.)
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2007 at 6:47pm

It does take you right there if you click on the links you have posted. . . but keep in mind. . . you are clicking a hot link that you have posted in a thread.

If that link was in the Multi*Platinum area. . . you would have to create a Topic heading. . . and then post the link within that thread.

It's not currently set up to go to a page of hot links right now.  It goes to a page where you create topics and threads. That's 3 clicks to take you to where you want to go instead of 2.

If we were to do it your way. . . maybe S. P. A. T. could create an area top and center. . . above Soul of Six. . . that says Multi*Platinum Stellar Threads. . . you click that. . . and it takes you to a page of hot links to places all over Soulful Planet. . .where these threads are located. . . and you don't lose your place because it opens in a separate page, or something.

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2007 at 7:12pm
Or it could easily be (1) one locked Multi*Platinum Stellar Thread" List of these "hot links" that could be infinitely added to via "edit/updatepost" by S.P.A.T., acting upon recommendations from all of us...
or by planetary alignment... or solar wind... or poll votes or exit pole dancing or whatever/whomever... *lol*

The source thread itself would remain "normal" ongoing and available to be added to, edited, updated and found in it's normal place... as usual.

or sumptin...

Thoughts?
s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2007 at 10:46pm

Let us know if you need our input.

Thanks,
george
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 3:17am
We all know I'm not computer savy so I don't know anything about site operation.

Do we need an archive??  Will certain sections get so long that it will be difficult to find threads??

The archives, if needed, would be separate from the Platinum threads with some sort of system to find a thread that may be a few years old.

BTW - I want to compliment everyone for their suggestions and special kudos to Mixey and S.P.A.T. for always being open to the ideas and suggestions of forum members.  SP ROCKS!!!!!!!!!Clap

Thanks to everyone!!

dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 4:02am
Hi Dream!

As far as i can tell... With the incredible efficiency and kick ass page setup of this site, there probably is no need for an Archive section, except for maybe 10 or 20 years from now or bazillions of active new members or something like that. This is a cool thing!
Older threads just go farther down (page wise) but remain happily in their forum, and can easily be revived to current "Active Topic" with a simple post of something new.
How easy is that! (Less work is usually more fun!)
~Smiles!~
Geno

p.s. If I'm not mistaken,,, Archives usually become obviously far more needed and necessary with slower servers, less bandwidth, and/or badly designed, inefficient software and setup, or for some time stamp/date related categorization need....(like "Todays Stock News This Hour" or something).   
Doesn't seem to be the case here, that's for sure!

p.s.s. Mixey... smack me with "the reality bat" if I'm off base with this info or if I've missed something obvious here... then pass the Kool Aid! *lol*

dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 4:23am
O.K.!!!!!!!!  Thanks for answering that, Geno.  As I said, I don't know squat about bandwidth, etc..

This site is a pleasure to post on.  It's quick, easy and fun.  Technical issues are addressed quickly.  All this is much appreciated by me as a member.

I'm glad to know we don't need archives, which can be difficult to maneuver, but at the same time, we won't lose any valuable threads.  Like I said, SP ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smile

dream
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 6:38am
Dream & Geno. . .

We do have an archive for threads that have been sitting, with no activity for a long time, if we want to use it. 

It's good you asked. What's a good idle time limit?

Mixey

dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 7:35am
Boy!!!  I don't know the answer to that one, Mixey, unless it's something similar to Soulful Detroit where when a thread drops so far, it's archived.  We have more than one page here, however, and I love that feature.

Perhaps another method could be by year??

dream
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 7:51am
I'll ask S. P. A. T. what the options are.

I think the threads can go on pretty much indefinitely as it is, just adding page after page.

Maybe inactivity for a little over a year would be good.  Then every year we could revive threads like the Christmas. . . and Winterwonderland threads and keep enjoying  and adding to them... without having to go into the archives.

We could do that with birthday threads too.

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 7:58am

yup!!!!

E x a c t l y !!!!!!!!!!

Wow, just think of the "fun" historical value of this! It's really a cool thing!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic