Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > The Village > Memorial
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

10 Years Ago ... 9/11 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickeyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 11:25am
Sorry folks it was radical Islamic terrorists who pulled off the 9/11 job, not American right wingers.  I cant believe there are idiots who buy that.  I guees it is true a sucker is born every minute.
Anybody else missing George Bush besides me?
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 4:30pm
           When 90+ percent of the terrorists who
 carried out the 9/11 attacks were SAUDIS.....
    Did the Bush administration go after them? Did the
US attack them? Did we bomb them? Did we do ANYTHING to them?
         Mickey, Who are the idiots?
   When Pearl Harbor was attacked we declared war on
 Japan. The next day. Why didn't the US declare war
 on the Saudis? You got a good reason? We protected
 Saudis that were in this country, and flew them home
 when air traffic was shut down all over the US. WHY ?
       The US hunted down,shot,fire bombed, and nuked
 a few million Japanese, and then made them surrender
 their fate to us after we declared war on them.
     So far the US has done NOTHING to the Saudi
 Government, or people since their citizens attacked
 the US on 9/11. And Mickey calls people searching for
 answers on the 9/11 attacks idiots?
      Any way you cut it, The Saudis are responsible
 for 9/11. If anyone thinks they are not has their head
 up their ass. The Saudis should thank Allah that I wasn't the President of the US on 9/11/2001.

toad
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
MickeyMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickeyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by toad toad wrote:

When 90+ percent of the terrorists who
 carried out the 9/11 attacks were SAUDIS.....
    Did the Bush administration go after them? Did the
US attack them? Did we bomb them? Did we do ANYTHING to them?
         Mickey, Who are the idiots?
   When Pearl Harbor was attacked we declared war on
 Japan. The next day. Why didn't the US declare war
 on the Saudis? You got a good reason? We protected
 Saudis that were in this country, and flew them home
 when air traffic was shut down all over the US. WHY ?
       The US hunted down,shot,fire bombed, and nuked
 a few million Japanese, and then made them surrender
 their fate to us after we declared war on them.
     So far the US has done NOTHING to the Saudi
 Government, or people since their citizens attacked
 the US on 9/11. And Mickey calls people searching for
 answers on the 9/11 attacks idiots?
      Any way you cut it, The Saudis are responsible
 for 9/11. If anyone thinks they are not has their head
 up their ass. The Saudis should thank Allah that I wasn't the President of the US on 9/11/2001.

toad

No comment 
winetender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winetender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 8:32pm
 Thank You Dream!
Originally posted by dream207 dream207 wrote:

Originally posted by winetender winetender wrote:

Thank you for keeping the memory of those lost, but never forgotten alive. And for always reminding America to NEVER forget 9/11!!!  BTW, dogs have papers too  ~ Nora 

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapStar

WELL SAID NORA!!!!!!!!!

I think it's a fallacy other countries don't give a damn about 9/11.  I'm sure they're reminded every time there is a bombing or terrorist act in their country.  "Right wing politics" did not cause 9/11.  The hatred of America by Islamic terrorists can be traced back to the Carter administration - I think Jimmy might take offense at being called "right wing".  The Clinton administration had numerous warnings we would be struck here on American soil and did nothing to prevent it.  The arguments between Sec. of State Madeline Albright & Sec. of Defense William Cohen are well known.  President Clinton opted for Albright's arguments.  Too bad he did.

9/11 changed America forever, and it also changed the rest of the world.  It was a global event, not just a national one.  Those who forget or don't care do so at their own risk.

Lindsay, your comments do not hurt my feelings but they do expose you for who and what you are.

dream
Tempt Me!
lindsay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindsay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 6:25am
Well spell it out ! I respond but I think some of you are hateful. You attack on a make it personal level........I guess thats easier than facing the truth. Its Ok I forgive you !

lindsay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindsay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 6:42am
Originally posted by MickeyMac MickeyMac wrote:

Sorry folks it was radical Islamic terrorists who pulled off the 9/11 job, not American right wingers.  I cant believe there are idiots who buy that.  I guees it is true a sucker is born every minute.

I have never heard that one before.......can you link to any news item or your source that reports such a ridiculous notion?

Sounds like a fantasy to me. You are right people who make up such nonsense are a real menace.
lindsay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindsay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 7:06am

9/11 was the direct result of foreign policy.
  flawed foreign policy. Most all wars fought in the last

century, and now this century, find their roots in

distructive foreign policy that is pushed by greed,

power, and the quest for natural resources that one

wants to obtain across borders.

The fifty plus million citizens that died in WWII

did so following the direction of their

leaders..in

the government and the military.

The power factions of most governments seek

wealth and power over other governments.

Events like 9/11 happen as people seek revenge

for evil or flawed foreign policy actions by the targeted

country.

America was born from bad foreign policy and

greed. [taxation]

The governments play their policy games, and

the citizens and soldiers die for their government's

agendas.

Take a hard look at the opium poppy production

going on now in Afganistan, and tell me all about

US foreign policy. Is it flawed? Do flawed policy

actions promote war? Do we as citizens have any

real control over our government? Are we heading

for more foreign wars? Who pays?

If the people living in foreign countries don't

give a shit about 9/11 anymore, they will become

the dead pawns in the future foreign policy actions

that suck them into the conflicts. They will pay...

one way or another. With their lives, or their money.

Your destiny is up to you. If you choose to follow

corrupt leaders expect to suffer.

There are fifty million deceased examples laying

in graves all over this world that were the product

of only about 10 years worth of flawed foreign policy.

[WWII] They may be silent, but I think they prove my point.

toad

Toad. What is Government? You and others explain things well here, but If Governance is to blame for the bad things that happen around the world......How do we do anything collectively without trusting in a Government of any kind. I see religion as an early form of Govenrment..........it has failed to. I know I say things in a bantering fashion but I am completely earnest with regard to my political beliefs.....just wanting a better planet like anyone should for everyone rather than a chosen few. .
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 9:03am
      Governments exist because of borders. Borders
 are in place because of cultures. Cultures are set by
 religions,race, and segregation brought about by fear.
      Human nature makes us fear things we don't understand,or choose to embrace.
      For anyone born into a society that has borders
 and a government in place, they are urged to conform
 to the rules and methods set up by that government
 enity. The same would apply to those born into a
 tribe... a primal tribe..in the woods or jungle that
 have no known borders to those people.
       We are taught and sometimes duped to believe
 our collective leaders. Parental,[family] tribal, village,
 city,state, and national leaders.
      As individuals we are sometimes powerless to go
 against the will of our leaders or government, depending on how powerfull those leaders, or governments become over time. The same can be said
 of religions, which also have power over the mass
 of people in cultures.
         Human nature dictates that we all seek to have
 foreign cultures  allow us to live our lives with no
 intervention from established borders, respect our
 religions, and not invade or harm us. Governments are
 formed to procure this quest for safety and security.
        The citizens tranfer their faith to government
 and religions because they believe there is strength
 in numbers. Like a gang mentality.
     The governments or leaders set up rules or laws
 to control the masses. The citizens exist in the cultures
 by following the rules and are dependant on their
 governments to maintain their needs to survive.
      I think we all know what happens when the
 segregation,religion,dependancy,monitary, and
 survival factors clash between tribes,cultures,
 and governments. Endless conflict.
      The insane facts are that we ALL are dependant
 on each other. Humans have a hard time buying into
 that concept[for many reasons] but it is true.
    Every action we do effects all the others in one way
 or another all over the planet.
      Will peoples of all nations ever realise that our
 survival depends on each other? I'm not sure I will
 be around to find out.
        Trusting any government or religion has risks....
 now more than ever before. It's up to us to figure
 out who to trust with our fate. If anyone has more
 to add to this explination I would love to hear your
 words.

toad
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 9:36am
Originally posted by lindsay lindsay wrote:

Well spell it out ! I respond but I think some of you are hateful. You attack on a make it personal level........I guess thats easier than facing the truth. Its Ok I forgive you !

Isn't this a case of the pot calling the kettle black?  You need to go back over your statements in many threads here.  It's you who attacks America, so-called right wingers, Republicans, fellow forumers and anyone who disagrees with your opinions.  You've made liberal use of name calling, insults and dismissive comments. When some of us respond in kind you dont' like it and you forgive us???  PULEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!  That is truly laughable.LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
lindsay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindsay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by dream207 dream207 wrote:

Isn't this a case of the pot calling the kettle black?  You need to go back over your statements in many threads here.  It's you who attacks America, so-called right wingers, Republicans, fellow forumers and anyone who disagrees with your opinions.  You've made liberal use of name calling, insults and dismissive comments. When some of us respond in kind you dont' like it and you forgive us???  PULEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!  That is truly laughable.LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

dream

I`m sorry is this a five minute tizzy or a full half an hour?  
MickeyMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickeyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 3:43pm

Lindsay I think the only reason you come here is to aggrivate people.  Now when it comes to poltics people dont always agree, and sometimes it gets heated (one of the reasons why I dont like to discuss the subject).  This forum is one of the few places I have been to where people dont yell and scream at each other who have different political viewpoints.

Lindsay its obvious you need to learn some manners and respect.  You dont have to agree with anyone here, but act like an adult and treat people here with respect.

Then again maybe you are just a little bratty child who got a hold of your daddy's PC and started posting.

Then again why did you ever come to this country in the first place?

We got enough assholes here.
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 4:53am
hummmmm...
Where does one begin? 

Geno...
Your Associated Press article is unavailable.  I'm wondering why.  It's not that old of a report.

Lindsay... 
I agree.  Expressing another viewpoint that may mirror a predominate viewpoint that is held in other countries is not being Anti-American. 

Dream...
You hopped all over Lindsay's case like he couldn't care less for the victims of 911.  He didn't say that.  He said that the whole topic is boring to him at this point... a view that is shared by many people here, and a lot of people in other countries as well.

I have the same feeling of not wanting to hear anything else about 911... you know why?  Because I feel like I'm being lied to. 

The only thing I know for sure is that a whole lot of people died in those towers and on the ground... from this country and from others; and it made and makes me very sad and angry.

I become upset when I hear singing and look at pillars of light to "honor" the victims.  I understand those ceremonies; but I want them in addition to honoring their lives... and in order to do that... it's necessary to me that others should not fall victim in their name.

I wanted our government to remember 911 in the following way:

1)  In the name of 911... Make sure that others don't come in harms way who are working hard to remove the rubble and clean-up.

2)  In the name of 911... Make sure nobody authorizes the killing of innocent people in other countries.

3)  In the name of 911... Make sure nobody creates phony scare tactics designed to win elections.

4)  In the name of 911... Make sure nobody in authority attempts to prejudice a population.

5)  Tell the victim's families the truth about what happened on 911. 

6)  Assure the victim's families that whomever was behind their loved one's deaths will be caught and punished... and actually do it. 

Bin Lauden can't be found?  I don't believe that.

Nora... 
When 911 happened, I was so sad for the victim's families and for our country.  I was filled with fear as well, wondering if we would be attacked again.

My fear and sadness quickly turned to rage and disgust, however; because I knew quickly that our government was choosing not to protect the people of NY in the aftermath of the disaster.  Murdering innocent people in Iraq wasn't a very nice response to the horror we experienced here either.

I don't think it's a big stretch to find that many people around the world have been "Shock & Awe-d" out of wanting to hear anything more about 911, because of our government's supposed response to it. 

Toad...
Religion/Politics... the who dun it of all of the wars in history, no matter what soil they are/were on... were ALL about money.

911 happened because of greed.  It doesn't matter whose greed we're talking about, because the "need" for greed is a universal insanity.  It makes partners out of the most unlikely people, and motivates the most insane "beliefs".

There seems to be no well (let alone oil well)... no pockets deep enough... to satisfy all of the greed of humanity.

MickeyMac...
I respect your right to call someone an asshole; but since you're making a point about respect...  Confused

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Whatever we do to someone else... we do to ourselves.

Mixey

lindsay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindsay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 7:56am
Originally posted by MickeyMac MickeyMac wrote:

Lindsay I think the only reason you come here is to aggrivate people.  Now when it comes to poltics people dont always agree, and sometimes it gets heated (one of the reasons why I dont like to discuss the subject).  This forum is one of the few places I have been to where people dont yell and scream at each other who have different political viewpoints.

Lindsay its obvious you need to learn some manners and respect.  You dont have to agree with anyone here, but act like an adult and treat people here with respect.

Then again maybe you are just a little bratty child who got a hold of your daddy's PC and started posting.

Then again why did you ever come to this country in the first place?

We got enough assholes here.

Listen I come here because I was invited to..... if say more than you asks me to move on then I might feel that to be the best course of action.
If you don`t get a buzz out of the communication then switch off the station........you don`t so you must enjoy bantering with me.

I am not a number I am a free thinker......

I`d rather be back home..........no offense intended but its my home. I came here because I was invited and it was the best practical move at the time and then I got married and was given a green card by the U.S. Government wOO! the big bad government!! I swore an oath thingy and I will stick to it..........but I`ll not stop running my mouth for anyone.....

LoL. Its all bull any way, you live ,love, hurt and die and watch Dr Who in between.........
lindsay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindsay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 8:21am

did so following the direction of their leaders..in

country.

greed. [taxation]

agendas.

toad

I am sure there are people in the center of China, India or Dumbo somewhere really worrying about the sad effects of the 9/11 attack . I bet they toss and turn at night......it must be a complete distraction to their own fight for survival.
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 8:26am
Mixey,  most of the comments made in this thread were from September 2007.  I had forgotten the thread even existed until I saw Lindsay's recent post.  I found the post offensive and I stand by my interpretation and comments in response.  We are all allowed our opinions and to agree to disagree.  If Lindsay intends to use insults and name calling, which he has done in numerous threads in the Village, then I choose to respond in kind.  I will treat people with civility and respect on this forum who treat me the same.

dream
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 9:29am
         Free discussion about subjects on this forum
   are to enlighten us all. Opinions without discussions
 help no one. We all share differant views from our lifes
 expiriences and backgrounds.
     It's only natural for us to harbor differant or opposing views on various subjects. The banter
 promotes understanding and should not foster ill will.
    To disagree is one matter. To call out off color
 remarks about members is quite another.
       9/11 was the most intense event to occure in
 America in the last decade. It will be a topic of
 discussion and controversy for many decades to
 come. Try as we may, we won't solve all the questions
 emerging about 9/11 on this forum. We may however
 get a damn good understanding of why it happened,
 and who and what were the causes.
    If you seek answers...keep reading and posting.
 If not, check out American Idol and forget this thread.

toad
s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 9:35am
We're all entitled to our opinions and interpretations.  That's what this place is about.

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winetender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 9:49am

did so following the direction of their leaders..in

country.

greed. [taxation]

agendas.

toad

I am sure there are people in the center of China, India or Dumbo somewhere really worrying about the sad effects of the 9/11 attack . I bet they toss and turn at night......it must be a complete distraction to their own fight for survival.
  Lindsay, how dare you attempt to dismiss or disrespect the memories of our Fallen Military who gave their lives to protect our Freedoms? Since you have papers, may I suggest that you enlist in the Military, put on a uniform, carry a weapon & defend The United States Of America! Or, move to Dumbo & join them in praying that the USA will come to their aide like all the other countries do!
Tempt Me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winetender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 10:08am
 Hi Mixey! As you may have noticed, I never get involved in Political or other argumentative threads. But when someone crosses the line & makes my blood boil, I cannot sit quietly by & allow them to defame the USA!  ~ Nora 
Tempt Me!
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 10:19am
Lindsay, how dare you attempt to dismiss or disrespect the memories of our Fallen Military who gave their lives to protect our Freedoms? Since you have papers, may I suggest that you enlist in the Military, put on a uniform, carry a weapon & defend The United States Of America! Or, move to Dumbo & join them in praying that the USA will come to their aide like all the other countries do!
Tempt Me!
Well said Nora!!  I am sick and tired of all the bashing of this country and the military who have sacrificed their lives so we may live in freedom.  If all these countries hate us so much, why don't they turn down the financial aid we send.  If people hate this country so much why are there so many coming into the country legally and illegally to live here.  Could it be there lives would be better here?

The United States has its faults, no doubt.  However, I cannot think of a better place to live.  As Winston Churchill said, Democracy is the worst form of governement until you try something else.  If people come here and don't like it, stop living off us and go back to where you came from.

dream
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic